Sunday, June 26, 2005

Manila Day, Unproductivity, and the NBA Finals..

It's the first day of a long weekend down the drain, and I just wasted it! Damn!! Yup, its Manila Day, and that means NO SCHOOL! :D I really thought I'd get some work done, but as I look over to my left and see the pile of handouts/xerox I haven't read plus the list of unchecked things that I haven't done, I couldn't help but say to myself: "Dude, where'd the day go?''...

A chunk of it was spent watching the NBA Finals. Hats off to both teams. It was a great, hard-fought series! First Game 7 in 11 years!!! And it went down the wire!! :D It can't get any better that that! I was rooting for Detroit though.. :P However, I won't take anything way from the Spurs, 'coz the winner of a series like this truly deserves to be called a CHAMPION! :D

I knew it was too good to last... The forum I put up for our batch in medicine is barely hanging on by a thread(pun not intended).. It prospered beautifully over the summer, being supported by roughly a dozen active members. But as the schoolyear drew nearer, the postings stopped coming and the entire thing just grinded to a halt.. Oh well..

You might ask: If you're so flustered about being unproductive today, then what are you doing online now? Shouldn't you be studying or something?"

Well, to you tell the truth, I was already trying to get some sleep when, after tossing and turning for quite a bit, I found out that I couldn't. So here I am barely awake clacking away at the keyboard, and no, I'm in no shape to study! =P The past week left me just totally drained.. And I know I'm not the only one.. I dunno if it's because we're adjusting to the heavier workload or our bodies and minds still aren't used to studying after that long relaxing summer break (sigh!). Honestly, I felt that my body would break in half last night 'coz I was SOOO tired when I got home. My back hurt really bad, and I could barely stand straight when i tried to get up from bed.

It's getting pretty late. I better turn in while the getting's good. I'm gonna try get up early to swim tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be able to do it weekly so I could stay fit and sharp throughout the schoolyear..

No comments:

Post a Comment