Tuesday, February 7, 2006

The five-foul throwout and the looming doom

It's Monday again... and I think I've just been through the most toxic week of my young medical life... :) Just look at this list...

Monday (1/30/06)
  • Medicine Quiz -> this went surprisingly well.. despite the fact na I haven't studied at all, I still managed to get through unscathed with an 8/10. ;)
  • Case presentation in Surgery -> Helped out the main reporter 'coz she was toxic enough as it is -> thus, i spent the last few hours of the weekend doing this
  • Psychiatry Quiz -> 10 points lang, but still, delikado pa din kami sa Psych, so aral pa din diba
Tuesday (1/31/06)
  • Pedia FCP Quiz -> Tried studying for this, but never got beyond barely passing. The Med and Surgery reports were already taking too much out of me.
  • Optha Quiz -> Dr. Sua decided to spring a nasty 5 point surprise on us. I only got 3...
Wednesday (2/1/06)
  • Gynecology Quiz -> went to school early to study for an 11am exam. Ok lang. Wasn't that hard. Sulit yung inaral ko. 'Di kasi ganun kahaba eh..
  • Surgery Journal Report -> At last, nakapagreport na din! I spent about 3 sleepless nights working on this.. Now I won't have to worry about this for the rest of the year!!! However, may kasunod na...
  • Surgery Quiz -> It was truly a week of surprises. We thought we got it straight na hindi kami magqquiz on this day, that we appealed to have it moved the following week. Guess not...

Thursday (2/2/06)
  • Pediatrics Quiz -> Regular stuff, but I wasn't able to study for this either 'coz I was too busy with the BGD report.. Good thing I passed... barely...
  • *Even though yun lang yung test, we were still frantically running around after class trying to get the BGD done.. At this point, I already had a bad feeling about this...

Friday (2/3/06) <- The mother of all toxicities... Eto yung araw ng 5-foul throwout
  • 1) Medicine Quiz -> I really lost out on this one. Was too tired to study, heck, I was too tired to think!! got 3/10...
  • 2) Medicine BGD -> this one takes the cake. It was a total washout!!! :( Looks like we spent too much of an effeort trying to get too much done for something that didn't really need that much effort. Spent a greater part of the week preparing for this. I was really draining, both physically and emotionally. Good thing I had my DWTL songs in the PPC to keep me sane through the day..
  • 3) Psychiatry Shifting Exam -> All the fatigue due to all the work and sleepless nights was beginning to take its toll. Good thing I was able to pull something out of my hat and answer this test intelligently.. I just hope the outcome is as good as my prognostication..
  • 4) Pedia Surgery Quiz -> Dr. Cua also decided to pull a fast one on us and gave us a 20-point quiz. But at least he gave us the rest of the period off to study for...
  • 5) Neurosurgery Shifting Exam -> I have absolutely no idea how I managed to get through this without having a really hard time.. I mean, I just studied about an hour before the test!! Credit goes to the "tanungan session" I had with the guys outside the room while waiting for section D (?) to finish their class. Sobrang high-yield!! Thanks guys!!
  • *They say sa baseball na "Three Strikes and you're OUT". Eh para sa akin, basketball ang analogy ko.. pag five fouls ka, ejected ka na (sa amateur) =P
* FYI, puyat ako the entire week, sleeping at about 12:30am or later every day and having to get up at 5am to go back to school for 7am classes (except Wednesday, wherein 11am first class namin. Pero nagising naman ako ng 7am to go to school). "Why was I always up?" you might ask.. Eh pano ba naman if you have to balance studying for quizzes, major exams, and big-time presentations spread evenly throughout the week, how the hell would you expect to get through all of that 'diba?

At least the worst is over... I hope.... Another BGD looms over the horizon, and the prognosis ain't looking any better due to some... intrinsic problems... hay.. the fun never ends...

At least medyo benign naman this week.. but then again, benignity is merely relative....

Hmm, come to think of it, pwede din na yung 5 days of the week yung 5 fouls ah.. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment