Thursday, September 9, 2010

That Familiar Feeling

Several days ago, I found myself putting on yet again a long-sleeved shirt, dark pants, and tie. Going through the familiar motions brought me back to the time when I was still an MROD struggling to survive day after day (and still looking as sharp as possible while at it!).

Alas, I had departed from that path for quite some time now, and I was dressing up for a very different, albeit familiar, event.

It was interview day at the hospital I had applied to. As with every other interview I had been to (after Medschool), I was to put on my sharpest "get-up" for the occasion. Dad once told me that the reason people dress up is to give importance to the occasion in question and/or show respect to those involved, and I fully agree.

Trying to see things from the interviewer's point of view, I would probably favor an applicant who came in looking formal than one who seemed totally lax about it. The choice of clothing alone would already convey the attitude of the interviewee and how serious he/she is about wanting the job.

I was really fortunate to have made it this far, seeing as they trimmed the list a bit after the written examinations. Now, with pre-residency looming in the distance, I have decided to just take things with a grateful attitude, and just put my trust in Him and His plans for me. That isn't to say that I'll be slacking around, because I'll also be working and studying my butt off in order to be as smart and sharp as I need to be.

Things will be a lot different this time around. I'm now older and wiser, and hopefully these will help me pull this off. ;)

To everyone going into pre-residency for "this season's draft", goodluck and do your best!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Let discernment and His grace be your companions in this journey of yours :)

    ReplyDelete