Sunday, March 11, 2012

Resurfacing


Wow! I can't believe I was so inactive for such a long time! It kinda felt like ! was spending the past 3 months underwater, hence the picture. Hehehe:P

Life has become a whirlpool of sorts lately, and I think I'm doing myself a favor by just going with the flow. I seem to have learned that a lot of good things can happen if you just float along and let the tide carry you where it will. I'm quite pleased to say that a lot of things have been happening lately, and thankfully most of them are on the positive side (finally!)

In what seemed to be a very unlikely turn of events, I found myself being given yet another chance by the Big Guy upstairs to make something out of my life (Thanks God!) and am now a medical resident yet again, but this time in an institution which I never imagined myself working in, doing stuff I never thought I would get to do while still in training. It is not a private institution like Cardinal, nor is it a teaching hospital like somewhere else. I really took myself out of my comfort zone, working in an unfamiliar hospital with an unfamiliar system, forgoing the comforts of living near where I work and enduring the commute every day whether I be Pre, Duty, or From,, but quite frankly I'm surprised that I seem to be loving it more than what I've already experienced before.. ;) I'm able to study more, retain more, accomplish more, and help a far greater number of people than I ever thought would be possible at this point in my life.

Other stuff has been going on as well, most prominent is my exposure and eventual addiction to a certain genre of music which culminated in my emergence as a loyal SONE, but that discussion is reserved for a future post. ;P

At last I think I'm finally getting somewhere with my life. I'm sick of wandering around, trying different things and taking a step back when something doesn't seem to suit my fancy. I think I may have found a home here, and this is where I intend to stay (hopefully for the next three years). 

Um.. ok.. I guess that's all for now.. Strange.. I expected to be able to churn out a novel this time around.. :P

1 comment:

  1. i hope u wont find it too comfortable with the new routine.

    yipee and cartwheels to you!

    ReplyDelete