Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Whatever works for you

Here's another interesting topic.. Potentially sensitive, but purely unintentional if found offensive to some.. Here goes..

A nagging thought has been bothering me lately since I became single again. Since I have been out of the dating game for SOOO long (heck, I never really entered the dating game to begin with), I had never really given any thought about a list of turn-ons and turn-offs until recently. Seeing as this would prove to be a lengthy discussion, I'll just focus on turn-offs first.

1) Tattoos

There are some men that find women with tattoos hot, interesting, or exciting. I am not one of those dudes. Call me old fashioned, but I feel that its just not that great to have a bit of artificial design intentionally etched permanently on one's skin, no matter how good the art might be. Everything about it just screams "tacky". As far as eyebrow tattoos are concerned, am not too sure, but most probably I would say no as well, as it goes against my idealization of "natural beauty".

2) Smoking

Some time ago, I asked a girl I dated if she smoked. She said "No, but will you judge me if I do?" Having had a lot of time to think about it since then , I don't think I'll judge her, but I'll probably keep my distance. Although girls who smoke are not necessarily bad news, being the old fashioned guy that I am (with suspected asthma to boot), smokers won't really make my list..

3) Am-Girls

People who know me know that I have a tendency to be "conyo" because I think the ability to speak English eloquently is quite elegant. That being said, I have no fondness for the so-called Fil-Am girls who are unable to speak stright tagalog. Ok, fine, so I have a mixed ethnicity myself, but at least I have proper command of the language of the place where I am staying.. I have no Illusions of settling down in the land of my ancestors speaking broken bits of Chinese. :P Another important factor to consider here is the upbringing people coming from the States usually have. I know it may seem like stereotyping, but better safe than sorry, right? The impression that those people leave here is not really too favorable..

I guess that's the list for now. I've run out orf steam, and this post is already really late as it is (started 6 months prior to publication)

No comments:

Post a Comment