Wednesday, April 12, 2006

And so it begins...

The LRU is open again.

And thus, here I am.

It's Clerkship Orientation day at UST, and I've just had a satisfying lunch at the carpark with the guys. Clerkship groupings and assignments were handed out earlier today during the general orientation, and here we are waiting for the OB-GYN Orientation which will be held at the Delivery Room later at 1pm.

Our first rotation says "Gynecology/Fabella".. Damn... Sa paanakan agad kami sasabak.. But at least it'll be better to have it done and over with early on rather than be toxic during the latter part.. (I hope..)

I left a pretty big gap between entries due to practical reasons. Internet access is an important commodity at home during these summer months (especially for my brother) and I've decided that my mundane blogging bisn't worth the additional expense. And besides, I'm usually tired at the end of the day, just when I've thought of something to write..

Last Thursday (it's currently Tuesday), I went to school early to enroll so that I could get home and change 'coz we were going to Tagaytay in the afternoon. There were 12 of us who went there: Me, Justin, Rhyan (yes, that's how his folks spelled his name), Alex Pisig, Al, Aldwin, Cocoy, Gina, and Cocoy's Angels (Nice, Ami, Cher, and Rochelle). The trip was basically uneventful, and the stay wasn't really that remarkable either. I find it too taxing to put every little detail here so I'll just give the ones that I consider my highlights (in chhronological order):


Saw a shooting star - Yup, I actually saw one while I was out with Justin looking for the girls who had inadvertentlu wandered off (the sudivision was kinda dark and their sudden disappearance left us kinda worried). Anyway, we both saw it and were giving each other high-fives and congratulating each other for witnessing such a rare event that we forgot that you were supposed to wish.. =P

Enjoyed the COOL night air - Brr! Tagaytay is COLD at night, even during summer.. but not like when we went there during sem break though.. now THAT was COLD!!!

Had dinner outdoors under the night sky - yeah, I know this may seem a little ordinary, but that day it was a lot of fun! Chef Peco made great sinigang and the Titan boys did a good job with the roasted chops. Yum!

Took a morning walk at sunrise - Now this felt great! I was justwalking around the subdivision at random, taking in the cool fresh air and relaxing my mind in general.. It was really a great getaway from the city heat and all the hustle and bustle of city life.

Had a fantastic game/practice - man, shooting the basketball never felt so good!!! In short, I think I was ON FIRE!!!! I was making jumper after jumper, even shot a buncha threes to cap things off (this was during practice ha? I settled for long twos during the game =D)

The road trip home - due to lack of transportation, the guys were forced to take the bus going home. We rode the bus from Tagaytay to Baclaran, and felt like we were trapped foreven in Cavite! Man, that province is HUGE!! Or so it seemed 'coz antagal namin dun. =P Finally, after getting to Baclaran, we rode the old LRT to UN Avenue. Good Lord! Ang INIT!!! =( After a brief refreshments break at a nearby McDonald's, we finally made it back to UST to try and get our classcards, pero wala pala eh.. =P I'm just glad I made it home in one piece without passing out from exhaustion..

Well, I guess that's it for now. Gotta go to the ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment