Saturday, April 1, 2006

Clerkship?.. BRING IT ON!!!! =D

What a relief...

Went to school yesterday desperate for some news about the Medicine grades. It was a real nail-biter, as the Med department hasn't posted their list of "remediables" and "irremediables".

FYI:
Remediable - you failed the subject but got a grade of 70-74 and thus are eligible to take a remedial examination as a last-ditch effort to pass (removal exams sa ibang schools)
Irremediable - you failed the subject outright, garnerning a grade below 70. You're not qualified to take the remedials, and must take the subject again next year. =(

After a long and agonizing wait (with lotsa comedy and soul searching in between), Ma'am Jessica and Dra. Ruiz finally emerged from the Med office with the list of those who will take the remedials. (fortunately, nobody was irremediable in Med II. Go united2007!! =D) Lo and behold, MY NAME WAS NOT ON THAT LIST!!!

You might be asking, "what's the big deal? Eh di'ba may chance pa naman pag magremedials?" Yeah, that's true, but I don't wanna risk it. Going back to that dreadful time last year where I was faced with the giant evil monster called PHARMACOLOGY. I barely passed with the skin of my teeth. I mean, if you're gonna look at my average for the 4 quarters (which is just 80% of the grade), I just barely made it. But I failed in the grand finals (20% of the final grade).. BADLY, and thus I was on the firing line. Good thing they decided to curve and I got the +1 from the compre last year. I really dread taking the remedials 'coz I feel that I'd surely fail..

But all that is behind me now, and I can safely say that I an now a MEDICAL CLERK. =D

By the way, I got my +1 from this year's compre . =D May corrections kasi eh.. Either that or they only considered the part 1 of the compre (which I passed outright)

My prayers go out to my other batchmates who are taking their remedials next week. Good luck guys! Kaya niyo yan!

And my heart bleeds for those who didn't make it... Basta para sa amin, you're still a part of the batch no matter what!!

No comments:

Post a Comment