Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bloody Monday

Just got back from the USTH-Blood Bank where I donated blood for a former patient of mine in Medicine who still owed the hospital 3 units of blood. This has been coming for a long time already, ever since I promised him that I would donate on his behalf when things got a little less toxic for me. Why the sudden burst of charitabilty one might ask.. Well, I guess it was because he and his family were real nice when they first came under my care. I admitted him twice during my 2 month stint in Medicine, and I would say that he was the best patient I ever had during clerkship. =) So today, I went and honored that promise.

Today we had our offficial interns' orientation at the MRI building of the Chinese General Hospital. As my luck would have it, my first rotation is Medicine, all FOUR months of it.. :=P It dosen't sound so bad, although the chief resident admitted that it was the most dreaded rotation of them all.

By the way things are shaping up, any my general feeling about all this, it seems as though we're gonna have ourselves a great year.. =) I hope I'll be able to do a good job and pull this one off without a hitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment