Sunday, March 25, 2012

Missing someone


It's 11:30 PM here at the hospital. I've just finished off my rounds and should actually be studying but my mind demands a sort of creative release in order to restore balance in my life.. Wow, that's a  lot of seemingly hippie mumbo-jumbo right there man.. :P

I just realized that no matter how comfortable you may get in a particular life situation, being away from the people you care about the most will inevitably leave you emotionally crippled.. Take today for example. It's a Sunday duty. Never mind that I will be away from my family for the nth time on a weekend, but on the way here as I was riding the bus, everything just felt like crap because of the simple reason that I was missing someone terribly. This someone whom I wish I could be together with everyday but am forced to be content with the occasional text message or the even rarer lunch date out before taking that person home.. sigh.. :(

It's of little consolation to know that she is in the same boat as I am. Then again, I guess that's why we were drawn to each other in the first place. Having similar careers, we understand each other and what we have to endure to reach our goals in our professional lives.

With that in mind, I guess what sustains us is the thought that it will all be over soon and we can finally get on with living our lives the way we see fit. Happy and together, and seeing patients on the side. :D

Having brought this up, I often imagine what life would be like when we're finally done with training.. For sure we won't be rich, but hopefully we'll be happy and content with our lives.. 

1 comment: