Sunday, July 13, 2014

Tambakan

Uso na pala ang tambakan ngayon..


I just recently watched a replay of the World Cup semifinal match between hometown favorite Brazil going up against the ruthlessly efficient German team. According to the match report I read, it was a total rout, with Brazil bowing out of the tournament in the worst possible way, losing 1-7. This left the Brazilian home crowd anguished and in tears. Brazil is a football-crazy nation, and their projected chance of winning the cup this year was really good, so this was an epic letdown for them.

Anyway, since I knew what to expect, I just watched to see how Germany pulled it off, or  how Brazil let it slip away..

It was a massacre.. 5 goals in 26 minutes of play? Seriously? Man... :(

People who know me well know that I'm not really a big football man, but I felt really bad when I watched that.. It seemed so surreal.. In fact, I guess it was the most downright depressing thing I have ever witnessed in sports.. :(



UAAP Season 77 is finally underway, and the opening matches were, uh, somewhat disappointing.. 3 out of the four opening games were total blowouts.. I thought this was going to be a competitive year, with almost all the teams on equal footing? And UST lost badly as well.. Hay naku..



In other sports news unrelated to blowouts, the NBA player movement has begun. This year's crop of free agents appears very deep, which includes Miami's Big Three, and Carmelo Anthony. The biggest news I was able to get a hold of thus far is that LeBron James will now be coming home to the Cleveland Cavaliers. This has the shapings of a great team in the years to come, with James returning home to a team being built around last year's first pick Kyrie Irving.






No comments:

Post a Comment