Saturday, March 14, 2015

Thank You

This post is 2-3 days overdue already, so I'll get right to it..

A miracle happened again, and I'm really grateful for it.

That being said, I have a lot of people to be thankful FOR..

- All praises firstly and rightfully go to Him who made all of this possible.. Ever since I came into this world, you have never left my side, especially during those moments when I needed you the most. I am eternally grateful..

- My folks and my brothers (yes, even you 2nd bro, I know you're up there watching over everything and everyone.. :) ). People would be amazed at what my family had to put up with when I was cloistered at home, especially when crunchtime was fast approaching. :P Thank you for always believing and supporting me through the good and bad, whatever path I chose..

- My bros (and by extension, their families). You guys kept me sane for the most part of this ordeal. Thanks for getting together every once in a while for the occasional movie or dinner inspite of the different paths our lives took after we left school. Thanks to your wives as well for allowing attendance to the occasional Boys' Night Out. Good naman kami eh! ;)

- My mentors back at the hospital. You took me in when I was down and gave me one final shot to do good and make things right. I'm forever in your debt for all the things you have taught me and the opportunities you have given. I hope that I made you guys proud. Thank you so much po for all your support!! :D Special mention to Dr. Tuy for that phone call on the night before the test, and to Dr. Cons for the encouraging text prior to the exam. Thank you so much!

- My juniors  who remain in the hospital. Like I have said before I left, thank you for showing us seniors that we needed to be strong for everyone else. Thank you for all the challenges and trials we have gone through together. I know it was not a perfect year, but I hope you guys have learned something in the process, as I have learned a lot from you as well. I know so much has been left unsaid so I'm taking advantage of this opportunity now to tell you what I feel. I want you guys to keep learning, keep pushing each other and help one another get better at what you do. I believe that you can do so much better than we did. :) I feel that I might not have learned as much as I did if I didn't have you guys to help me get better. Thank you for believing in me and cheering me on. It really meant a lot..

- My "minions". I was so happy when I heard that you all passed your board examinations, and I was really touched when you remembered me and thanked me for the tiny part I played in your lives. I'm really proud of all of you (even the "adopted" children of Daddy O, because you're all Daddy O's kids in my book!)! You guys inspired me to keep on going as the date drew nearer.Thank you for all the encouragement you guys gave me. Kaya nga love ko ayo eh! :D

- Noona. Surprised that you're here? :P I know we've only known each other for a relatively short period of time, but I feel you deserve a special mention as well. ;) Thank you for keeping me sane and being a sounding board of sorts when I was freaking out towards the endgame. That really meant a lot. Thank you for the lucky cupcakes as well. Oh, and thank you for everything despite all the awkwardness. :D 

- The hospital staff (mainly the nurses) who helped us in caring for our patients and made sure everything was running smoothly. The support we received was invaluable in helping us prepare for what was to come. Thanks also for the words of encouragement when we felt that nothing could go right. :)

- Lastly, I would like to thank our patients. It is said that the doctor's greatest teachers are his/her patients, as there is no substitute for clinical experience. Seeing the cases in the book come to life is loads better than a whole day buried in a book. I have received grateful smiles and small tokens of appreciation during my stint as a resident, but I am also thankful to them for letting me take care of them and see them through to their eventual discharge. :D

So again, I thank you all!


- BrainiaxMD, DPCP

No comments:

Post a Comment