Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Yearender

Wow, I'm actually making a yearender post ON TIME! :P

This has been a great year, with its own ups and downs, all of which made they year so much more unique. :D

It has been a year of tremendous change for me, starting with my graduation from Internal Medicine, to passing the PSBIM, to starting first year anew as a fellow in subspecialty training. :)

Of course, there's also the small matter of finally finding my Other Half, which may have drastically changed my life forever. ;)

This has also been a year of loss, with an uncle passing away recently after a prolonged battle with cancer..

Before the post goes all over the place, I'd like to break everything down into little bite-sized chunks as I am apt to do...

- Fist of all, many thanks to the Great One upstairs who has always been there for me, my family, my friends, and pretty much everyone else in this world. We have to remember that it is only through Him and His holy will that everything  that is has come to pass.

- A big thank you to my wonderful folks and bro who were always there for me regardless of how stuff went. Thank you for putting up with me, being the rascal hat I am. :P I love you! :D

- I would also have to give thanks to my new mentors who teach us fellows day in and day out the nuances of the subspecialty we chose to pursue. Thank you for all the patience you show, and all the learnings we get from you.

- Also worthy of being mentioned here are my former bosses from the old hospital whom I see from time to time when they make their rounds. Its always nice to see a friendly face, or hear a friendly voice through the phone. :)

- Thank you to my new co-fellows at the hospital. We've had about less than a year to get to know each other, and the seniors are graduating in 3 months. Thank you for all that I've learned from all of you, whether it be senior or batchmate. For my batchmates, let's make our final year a memorable one! Good luck everyone!

- Special mention goes to our Chief Fellow. Thank you boss, for making us feel at home and comfortable in the new and sometimes daunting environment of a national specialty hospital. You've always acted so kindly towards us, and acts as a protective big brother who takes care of everyone. Good luck with your exams boss! Kayang-kaya mo yan!

- Thank you to the nursing and support staff at the new hospital. Thank you for making us feel welcome and for embracing us as a part of the family.  We doctors would not be able to do the things we do if you were not there beside us, accompanying us along the way

- To our patients, especially those in the service ward or OPD. Thank you for entrusting yourselves to our care. We learn much from you as we treat you and monitor your progress day by day. It warms my heart when we are able to send you home safe and sound, but we are also saddened for those who are unable to make it.

- Lastly, to my precious Other Half.. We've come such a long way already from our humble beginnings, and look where we stand now.. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would actually meet someone like you.. Yeah, in the past, to me you were just a concept, an abstract ideal which I thought would never come to pass.. But now here you are.. someone who gets me from even a very fundamental level.. :) Thank you for everything, and I'm looking forward to more great things to come :D

No comments:

Post a Comment