Saturday, September 17, 2016

A long, long while...

It feels like it has been ages since I last posted something worthwhile, with the last I recall being a blurb I got out while in the midst of my much-enjoyed Sleep Medicine rotation (which I unfortunately was unable to maximize because f all the concomitant paperwork and presentations that happened during the given time span. Its a Sunday duty, and I resolved to make the most of it while the lull lasts..

A lot of stuff has been happening both in my life, as well as in the world at large, and I shall attempt to cover these things through a forthcoming blogspam..

 Nah.. I'll just put everything into one giant hodgepodge post and let you guys sort things out for yourselves. :P

------------------------------------------------------------

THE BALL PIT

I recently went with my Other Half to check out the Ball Pit Manila, which happens to be situated in Makati very near MMC.. weird.. :P People that know me well know for a fact that I tend to avaoid Makati like the plague due to horror stories of getting lost and getting caught for weird traffic violations due to unclear or hidden traffic signs, or basically a puzzling road network with unforgiving and corrupt traffic officials manning the streets who would pounce on you at every opportunity, taking advantage of the fact that you are lost and uncomfortable.

My fears were allayed by the fact that I had the guidance of Waze to help me through the ordeal. An additional motivation was the fact that this was actually a Girls' Night Out (GNO?) for thm, and I had just been invited to tag along. Not wanting to be a spoilsport, and having excused myself from a previous meeting already before, I decided that I needed to go with the flow on this one, and go out of my comfort zone for someone else, and actually meet new people for a change.. (what a run-on sentence.. :P)

Needless to say, it was truly a unique experience, and a very relaxing one at that.. As a kid, I shied away from these ball pits since I kinda disliked all the running and shouting that go with these playgrounds. Now that I'm older though, there was a strange calming effect of lying in a pit filled with white PVC balls and stumbling through the entire shifting mess.. It lasted for only an hour, but the fun memories from that place are gonna last a while..

We had dinner at Kanin Club at the Ayala Triangle shortly thereafter. There wasn't really anything significant to write home about since I had been to Kanin Club with my family before, but the company was different, and I could say that I was glad to have gone out and tried something new for a change..

After we parted ways with her friends, we began our long and anxiety-filled trek back to the car, and eventually getting home safe and sound via Gil Puyat and EDSA.. As weird as this may sound fro a fully grown adult, I guess I became a bit braver that day, and it seems that I had shown myself that I was capable of overcoming yet another psychological hurdle to my development as a person. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

B-DAY 2016

A few weeks back, I finally used one of my leave credits to take time off and celebrate my birthday after so many years of just going with the flow of the hospital schedule regardless of the occasion. It felt so liberating to be able to wake up on our day and know that you won't have to go to work since you had already arranged for the day off yourself.. #GiftToSelf :P

As my luck would have it, my scheduled break coincided with an unexpected rest day for her as well! So needless to say, we were able to spend the better part of the day together. Adding to my joy was the fact that her parents were cool with the idea of us going out in the middle of the workweek since it was my day after all.. :D

All in wall, it was a very memorable day, and I am deeply grateful to have had the chance to experience something like that, although it was just a simple day away from the hospital. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV

Before I forget, I watched Kungslaive, and it was AWESOME!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment