Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Now what?

What a crazy, crazy world we live in right now..

It is now a few days removed from Christmas, and things have remained pretty much the same.. COVID is still out there, politicos are still doing their thing, bullshitting people at the national level.. Sigh.. I won't go into specifics so as not to ruin my day..

Had a brief grocery run earlier. Compared to the lockdown much earlier this year, people seemed to have settled into the routine of living with COVID somewhat, and it actually gives me a bit of relief when I see almost everyone I encounter wearing both the face mask and shield, although there are still those morons who miss the point entirely and wear their face shields like a visor.. Whatever for though? To protect yourself from the sun? The freaking thing is transparent! Argh.. so frustrating.. and these seem to be educated people for that matter!

Stupid compliance aside, the numbers are holding stable for now, and I am extremely cautious of that fact.. The case count has not continued on it's downward trajectory that I noticed a week ago. I hate to say this, but we may need to brace for yet another surge at the start of the year, although I am HOPING that it won't be as bad as what we experienced early last year, with families decimated and people dying left and right..

I'm sorry to paint such a grim picture, but because it's the holidays, human nature tends to override common sense and precautionary measures. Christmas has already come and gone, and now we wait a couple of weeks to see if all our sacrifices up to this time have been for naught.. 😕

To my regular readers, I'm sorry for all the coronavirus posts as of late.. The ongoing crisis kinda takes the spotlight away from everything else these days.. I tried drafting a yearender post, but all these COVID things just keep popping up..

People are really just sick and tired of this COVID mess we all presently find ourselves in. The responses have gone from fear and panic, to caution and worry, to grudging acceptance and compliance, to doubt and skepticism, and now to exhausted indifference..

The disinfection routine I always do when I get home from outside is becoming quite the chore, despite the fact that it may very well be the one thing that is keeping the people here at home safe..Don't worry, I'm not about to just throw up my hands and give up on everything, but I fear I may get sloppy and careless due to the routine.

I have no idea how this pandemic will last, but given how this country is run, I'm pretty sure normalcy here will be delayed a couple of months compared to the rest of the world, because the politicos here  are just that damn selfish.. 😕

But still, my message remains the same: Keep your distance, mask and shield up, don't go out if you don't have do, don't gather just because you want to. Ayokong matulad tayo sa States, parang awa niyo na. Gusto ko nang matapos 'to. Sumunod na lang kayo, para naman makaahon na tayong lahat.

No comments:

Post a Comment