Thursday, January 7, 2021

Sh*thole

 When I opened my computer to read through the day's news, I was greeted by this image:

Pic is from CNN

That is an image of the US Capitol, overrun by those batshit-crazy Trump supporters after they were incited by their cult leader to storm the Capitol on his behalf in an attempt to disrupt the proceedings that would certify Joe Biden as the new legitimate US president. Now this wasn't just a massing of protesters outside the building doing a peaceful demonstration. Being the true anarchists that they are, they actually stormed the capitol building, looting and vandalizing every step of the way. This is actually taking place in America, mind you. Once heralded as a shining beacon of democracy, it has now devolved into, to use their current president's term, a "shithole" of a country where blatant disregard for the laws of the land seem to be becoming the norm.

Wow, just wow...

I know it's not any of my business since I don't live there, nor do I have any intention of doing so anyway.  I guess I just feel a sense of.. pity? But then again, I remember how arrogant Americans are, so the best I can do is give a simple "Meh". Oh, and I also perhaps feel a sense of relief, because even though I live in a poor country with a crappy government, at least the people here are not like the people there. I'll just be here sitting with the popcorn.

Kaya kayo di nauubusan ng COVID eh.

Wag kayong pupunta dito sa amin para manggulo ha? I think we are better off without you. 😑

No comments:

Post a Comment