Saturday, October 15, 2005

It's over!!!

At long, long last, the semester is finally OVER!!!!!!

Grabe, I've really been looking forward to this since about 2 weeks into the schoolyear! The workload is just incredible!! :(

Now, on to some other blog-worthy stuff I failed to put up for one reason or another...

My father had a myocardial infarction..

Or for the non-med people, he had a heart attack...

for the really OC people out there, he experienced an episode of stable angina. Came home presenting with diaphoresis, cold extremities, atypical chest discomfort, hypotension (i took his BP..), and pallor.. (AND I couldn't papate a radial pulse or apex beat. Hell, I couldn't even really hear his heart beating thru my steth!!)

Don't worry, he's fine now. All this happened roughly a week ago, while I was in the thick of things during the hell week before the finals...

I won't go into much detail for now. Basta the important thing is that he underwent a successful intervention and is now back here at home with us, full ambulatory, but under medications and strict dietary control. hehehe :)

GRabe, I never thought anything like this could happen to us. It's just so unreal...

Pero sabagay, if you're gonna really look at it, my dad was just an accident waiting to happen.. Biro mo, he's obese, sedentary, diabetic, and hypertensive! You can find a better MI candidate than that!! :(

Whoa, it's later than I thought! I'll just continue this some other time..

Oh, before I sign off, I'd like to give a shout-out to all those people who helped me through these tough times while at school.. Thank you to the C5ers, especially Al, Borj, the Brainstem Barkada (Ceres, Pons, Ginny), Barbs, Tiffy, Tanya, Myns, and everyone else for "adopting" me, making me feel welcome and accepted during that time when I felt that had no one I could really turn to... Thanks also to Ed, Pat, Boom, batchmate Joanne, Maan, Braix and Potpot, and all the other people who, despite their busy lives, took time out to lend an ear and reassure me that eveything would be alright.. Oh, and I'd like to give tribute to Dr. Timothy Dy. Thanks for the sucessful procedure! (and for taking time out to educate me on the finer points of interventional cardiology) You're so cool doc! When I get older, I wanna be just like you! :P

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so 12 years later, I'm not exactly following Dr. Dy's footsteps since I love Pulmonology more hehe, but I guess I can emulate his composed demeanor and the professionalism he exudes when he talks to patients and relatives.

    ReplyDelete