Saturday, October 4, 2008

BrainiaxMD's Butter-Fried Tanigue

Since I'm at home most of the time, I decided to make lunch for myself today. I wouldn't say that I'm great at it, but at least I can safely say that I can cook without burning the kitchen down.



BUTTER-FRIED TANIGUE

Isn't it a beauty? I admit that the presentation could have been a little bit better, but the darn fish fell apart on me as I was lifting it out of the frying pan. As for taste, I guess it was pretty good. Nothing spectacular, but it would probably be up to my mom's standards.

The recipe's pretty simple. Take 1 piece of Tanigue (I'm not too sure about the weight. We bought this baby from Cold Storage), 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of black pepper, and about 1/6 of a stick of butter. Rub the salt and pepper into the fish, after which you apply the butter. Let it sit for about an hour to soak up the flavor, then fry in a pan. Toast one side till golden brown (around 5-6 minutes) then flip it over. Allow ample frying time for this side as well, then you're done! Its that simple! Makes around 3-4 servings. :)

I'll be sure to post about any other forays of the gastronomical kind. Heck, I might even start my own cookbook: "The Culinary Adventures of a Vacationing Physician"

No comments:

Post a Comment