Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The "casuality" of casual gaming

For the past few years, we have seen a new genre of gaming emerge from the screens of web surfers around the globe. The so-called "casual games" provide instant, easy-to-play, highly addictive, although at times repetitive, gaming. I guess this new form of computer gaming has it's roots from the Java programming language which enabled people to make programs that would run in your browser window while online. My own personal experience with this genre started when I tried the game Bookworm from Popcap games which I played at the LRU. Then came the flood of games that began probably began just before my clerkship year when I was exposed to a wide variety of titles like Runescape, Diner Dash, Zuma, Chuzzle, Text Twist, among many others.

I just recently figured out that Hangaroo was actually a casual game also. Since I encountered this game long ago during my MedTech internship, Im lead to think that this began much longer ago than I originally expected..

No comments:

Post a Comment