Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Damn bright lights!!

I've tried to refrain from ranting about this, but people have just gone too far...

What is it with those JERKS who install those REALLY BRIGHT lights and drive around in city traffic? Do they really ENJOY blinding people? I mean, with the current pace of traffic around the Metro, I seriously doubt if you'll really need the "added visibility" that these light provide.

I've been driving for about 10 years, and lately there has been a noticeable increase of these well-illuminated vehicles on the road.

What the hell man? I noticed that most of the cars with these types of lights early on are those tricked-out gas guzzlers probably owned by those rich guys who go on drag races and whatnot, but even so, the lights weren't really that bright back then, so it was ok (I guess). But now, as if it suddenly became the automotive fashion statement of the year, more and more vehicles began to be equipped with brighter and BRIGHTER lights!!!

Now don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against pimping your ride, its your money anyway, not mine. But it becomes bothersome when the ULTRA-BRIGHT headlights hit my eyes when I'm cruising along the road!! Its as if someone switched on one of those very bright LED lights you could buy at 168 in front of my face. Hmm, when I think about this comparison, I find it to be really, really cheap and tacky hehehe. The extreme brightness of the light causes your pupils to constrict as a response to limit the light coming in. As a result, other less-illuminated thigns on the road are obscured from view. That's a very dangerous scenario anywhere on the road, but especially if you're traveling along one of the major thoroughfares like the expressways where the traffic flows at a faster rate.

There are some automakers who package their cars with bright lights but have special modifications to minimize road glare to other drivers like BMW, but on the Philippine roads, I guess that's more of an exception. Everywhere I go, I see these custom lights ounted on everything from an F150 to even an owner-type jeep!! Sometimes I'm guilty of wishing that these guys would blind an onrushing car so badly that the car would collide with them because the driver of the other car couldn't see!

Another thing that pisses me off about this is that apparently, the bright lights are not even in the high-beam setting! So that means these jerks drive around with that much illumination AT THE MINIMUM, with no way to turn them down!! Not that those drivers really care anyway.. I guess their mindset is that: "At least I can see the road well. You're blinded? Gee, that sucks. Deal with it!" Sabi nga ng tatay ko, KAYABANGAN lang yan.

Night driving is already a bit difficult as it is, add the "mayabang" guy riding your tail with his precious bright lights blazing, reflecting off your rear view mirror into your squinting eyes, and you're in for the ride of your life. Such great fun! =P Same goes for those cars you meet on a narrow two-lane street, but the one at your back is a lot worse, coz he's there for a longer period of time, rendering your rea mirror useless..

Parang awa niyo naman! Hindi lang sa inyo yung kalsada!! What the hell is your justification for using those ULTRA-BRIGHT lights anyway?? Do you also use your car to illuminate your entire house when you get home? Para makakita ng mabuti when you're driving fast? As in really fast?? Eh di wag kang masyadong mabilis magdrive! Makakaiwas ka pa sa pinsala! Sheesh!!! Hindi ka makakita sa gabi? Bakit may lisensya ka kung medyo bulag ka pala?? Sometimes people do it dahil, wala lang, astig kasi eh. That's how inconsidarate some people can get!!!!

Whew.. Sorry folks, I really just had to let this angry thought go before it exploded... Nabubwiset na talaga ako eh. Sana talaga there would be a law passed about this.. but given the government of this country?.. Nah... Wish ko lang..

No comments:

Post a Comment