Saturday, February 27, 2016

3 out of 10

This post was written on February 7, 2016

--------------------------------------------------------


Yup, third duty of the month.. 7 duties to go, and the end can't come any sooner.. Not liking ER duties in general isn't really helping either.. Sigh.. :/

I really just wanna rant.. I know this is getting tedious, and I'm sorry to those who are put-off by this.

I've had a relatively happy past few days since I was able to meet up with my Other Half and have dinner together on a couple of occasions. But you know what they say, the higher you fly, the further you crash. This is even moreso reflected when you have to go on duty the following day, because the taste of how much better life is outside the hospital is still fresh in your psyche..

Adding to my present woes is the fact that Ihave to give yet another report two days from now.. This should be relatively easier since the content is solely from the book, but I have not started work on the presentation yet and am just reading through the material today.

Yesterday was a rare day off, in fact, i think this was my first real day off in the last month or so, since my weekends last month still had me going to the hospital to make rounds regardless of duty status..

Fast forward to 3PM.. It's been relatively quiet for the most part owing probably to the fact that its a holiday tomorrow ( 新年快樂!), so i hope this tides over until I leave for home tomorrow..

As hard as it is to admit, I think I'm getting too old for this duty stuff.. :/ I might probably be good for one more year's worth of duties, but I think my reserve for ER duties will have reached its limit by months' end..

Now its 10PM, and I had a sudden moment of clarity and I realized that the most toxic part about going on duty at a specialty center like this is dealing with those patients who are not supposed to be admitted here.. (Primary problem is not Pulmonary)



No comments:

Post a Comment