Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Safe at my sanctum

The second curriculum year of my fellowship is in full swing, and I have been blessed by the fact that we do not have any conferences this afternoon after we finished our OPD patients.

I find myself confronting another deadline yet again, mostly due to my procrastination, but also in part to the never-ending fatigue I feel every time I go home and take to my bed..

I thought senior year would be a lot more benign, but boy was I ever wrong! Or maybe because I'm really just a toxic fellow-in-training. (*sigh..*):P

I should really get myself checked out for OSA, and I definitely will, probably during my Sleep Medicine rotation.. Oh yeah.. I need to have spirometry done as well, just to resolve once and for all the question of whether or not I am asthmatic..:P

It's been getting really hot here in the metro, and I mean that literally.. Temperatures have been constatly on the rise, as we feel the effects of El Nino.. The air is always so dry and warm, and it can get reallyunpleasant at the OPD.

The problem is even worse for our countrymen working in the agriculture sector, as the drought has caused entire crops to fail, destroying the livelihood of our farmers..

I honestly wanted to go to the gym today but thought better of it since I still have stuff to do.. XD Now I'm making a conscious effort to cut down on what I eat, though wrestling with a voracious appetite can be really difficult at times..Still, this is something I need to do in earnest for my own health and my future happiness. :D The gym can probably wait after I have all the paperwork out of the way..

Ok, that's enough of a starter post! My brain is probably revved up enough already so I should now go forth and type stuff!

(with the added motivation that I can go and see my Other Half later this afternoon ;) ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment