Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Antisocial

There are days when I neither require nor desire human interaction. This is one of those days..

Being around other people can be such a chore, and it makes it even tougher when the very nature of your work requires engaging with others on a regular basis.. :/ 

It is yet another duty day, and by the way things are shaping up, I think I'm in for on hell of a ride..

I had a brief conversation last night with my Other Half (Hi!), and she told me that she was feeling pretty much the same way about work and what we are doing with our lives.. Unfortunately I had nodded off before I could give her a satisfactory reply.. (sorry!)

I wish I knew all the answers, but I was just as lost as she was.. Even now, with the present state of rhings in my life, I sometimes drift back to question the path I chose to follow so many years ago..

It really doesn't help that I'm not really fond of the people I'm presently working with.. Sad to say, I can even barely consider some of them as my friends. They are all just co-workers to me, some of which I may have a better understanding with than most. Unfortunately, lasting friendships does not seem to be in the discussion.. They are just really too different for me to be able to form an inrimate bond of friendship with.

I hate to use this line, but mom was right. In life, you will only meet a handful of individuals who you will consider as your true friends, and I'm glad I have my BNO boys for that.

Sigh.. Other people are just so irritating at times, and even more annoying is the fact that they have absolutely no insight that they are the root of the problem and are either too stubborn and set intheir wicked ways or too goddamned stupid to change for the better. Maybe its also due to advanced age, i dunno. I've pretty much given up figuring these people out. I've already removed the Facebook application since I was tired of all the shallowness and superficiality that is on display. I desire to have real things, real interactions, realexperiences, all of which is according to my design.

That is something I will not be able to accomplish until I am rid of training already, and the following 8 months can't go by fast enough.. :/






No comments:

Post a Comment