Friday, November 28, 2008

BrainiaxMD's Brain Spaghetti

In my neverending pursuit of improvement of my culinary skills, I decided to tackle one of the more demanding disciplines of the game.. How to make Pasta!

Featured here is my third attempt at cooking spaghetti. It was really challenging the first time around, with mom helping me with most of it. From then on, it was all me! I kinda screwed up the second one, but I'm pleased to say that third time's the charm..


This is what the noodles looked like after i had chucked it out of the strainer, hence, Brain Spaghetti.. haha... =P


And here is the final product after admixing the sauce. (yes, admixing is a real word. Look it up at Dictionary.com :D) Mmmmm, tasty..

It was all pretty simple and straightforward. No fancy-ass pasta chef trickery here. Boiled a pack of Del Monte spaghetti is water with about a tablespoonful of salt thrown in. When noodles are of the right consistency, remove from the water and strain. While being strained, pour cold water over the noodles to quickly cool them (I forgot the culinary term for this technique). As for the sauce, saute 1 whole diced onion til it starts to brown. (I would have added garlic as well, but there wasn't any at the time. Dang!).
I then added around 5 chopped hotdogs and about 1/4kg pork giniling. After around 10 minutes, I added a pack of spaghetti sauce, and admixed slices of quickmelt cheese and ground black pepper. Let simmer for around 10-15 minutes and add to the noodles. Feeds a ravenously hungry family of 4. =D


6 comments:

  1. looks yummy :D hehe :) i miss spaghetti with hotdogs :D try mo lagyan ng butter yung noodles after straining it out from the water ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butter? Sige, kaso I don't think that sits well with us, my dad being a cardiac patient and all.. I don't think it'd look good if his own doctor was the one feeding him fats.. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha : ) yeah nga :P that's not right! :D hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think it's called blanching. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, oo nga! Thanks Steph!! ;) Pakikamusta si Joel for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. as if ur suggesting m lookin at an edible version of gyri and sulci....brain monster!!! hehe could this improve brain function... i wud gladly try ur spag!

    ReplyDelete