Thursday, November 27, 2008

Prrrrt!!! Travelling!!!

A couple of days ago, I really knocked myself out acting as a driver for my dad while we went around the metro. Man, we were everywhere! :P
Ok, so maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. Here are the different stops we made during the course of the day...

1) Department of Foreign Affairs - Drove all the way to Roxas Blvd via EDSA and parked in front of the Astrodome. Took us about half an hour for our passport appearance then we were off to...

2) Valero Tower - from DFA, we travelled along the length of Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue (aka Buendia) and managed to go round the block a few times, touching base with Makati Avenue and Dela Rosa before winding up at the right place. I swear, I really hate Makati's ever-changing traffic flow schemes!!! =( Grr!! We finally found the place . Dad got out to go about his business while I waited in line for the parking. I was able to eventually park but had barely killed the engine when dad suddenly came out from said building already. Oh well.. After consulting the ever-trusty map, we sped off to...

3) HP Service Center (Accelerando building) - Going out of Salcedo Village, we took Makati Avenue (I think) and made a right at Jupiter Street. Man, the parking space at that building is so small! As usual, dad hot out, taking my ailing Pocket PC with him while I sat it out waiting for any car to move and free up a space. In my rush after parking, I inadvertently locked my key inside!! After a brief outburst of panic and cursing m stupidity, I was able to collect myself and ask the help of the parking guard, who whipped out his handy "device" and told me that it was a pretty common occurrence there. Whew!! Needless to say, I was so relieved.. After that brief scare we scampered home to take a breather first..

4) Shangri-La Plaza Mall - It was lunchtime when we arrived home. After dumping our stuff, we decided to eat out at someplace that was "friendly territory" (with Makati being classified under hte VERY hostile list. hehe). and ended up at Pho Hoa there at the 6th floor of the Shang. Dad had one of the moodle soups while I tried the Vermicelli Bowl. Sulit!! It was like eating a big salad with noodles and large chunks of chicken and "lumpiang shanghai".

5) AFP Theatre (Camp Aguinaldo) - Our bellies filled with delicious Vietnamese food, we wandered arounf the mall a bit when one of dad's modelling buddies (guys who make those miniature plastic model kits like tanks) invited him to attend an exhibit in the said venue, featuring all their favorite grown-up model kits and beautiful (?) dioramas. I took EDSA and made a right at Santolan to enter Gate 6 (which apparently is the gate used by civilian guests). We arrived there only to walk into the middle of a speech being given by thte AFP chief of staff himself!! Good Lord! We thought it'd be a quiet little affair, and we weren't expecting that the AFP top brass would be on hand to commemorate the 12th anniversary of the AFP museum! After much initial unease, we were able to settle down and enjoy the place.

Whew!! Now that was one heck of a trip! I got lost in Makati, left my keys in the car, and saw the AFP Chief-of-Staff face to face!! Not bad for just one day... I wonder what the next day will bring?.. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment