Monday, November 17, 2008

Crocodile, anyone?...


Thanks to some friends of family, I was able to have my first taste of real crocodile meat. :) When I first heard about it, I didn't really know what to expect, so I just guessed it would be tough just like it's thick hide often used in bags and shoes. 

When the food was brought out, the first thing that came to mind was "fried breaded porkchop". The meat was indeed deep-fried, and had this golden-yellow color, with some pieces had considerable chunks of what appeared to be (and actually was) fat. Upon taking a bite, my cousin pointed out that it tasted like chicken, and he went on to tell me that the taste is apparently dependent upon the diet of the animal. Since we knew these crocs were really being fed chickens, this was right on the money. It was.. strange to say the least. Here I was eating something that looked like thick pork strips (complete with fat) which were surprisingly tender and tasted a lot like chicken! Despite their fearsome appearance, this shows that crocs can make for a really delicious meal! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment