Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Missing C.A.T.

I remember those days in high school when I became part of the Medics in CAT. The summer before 4th year (when we had our training) is probably the most memorable summer I ever had as a student in XS.. In fact, I think that was one of the very few bright spots during my entire high school life..

Boot camp was a barrel of laughs! :P Under the command of our fellow batchmate officers, we marched around, did pushups by the hundreds, and jogged around the Greenhills shopping complex singing lewd soldier songs in while running in cadence (after which we'd commandeer the party area of the local McDonalds for a soldier's breakfast). :P We also when through a basic first aid course and learned how to assemble and disassemble rifles under the watchful eyes of our commandant. :D

I also recall those duties we had to go to like the homecoming, acquaintance party, fun run, and even the Pinaglabanan parade (where we thought we would win it but everything fell apart when we got to the grandstand.. those rifles are HEAVY!! :P) Oh yeah, I think ICA won that one :P

I miss the camaraderie and the "coolness" of being part of an "elite" unit. Although people laughed at us for being too "hardcore" in CAT, we didn't really care. We were the Medics, and together with the officers and MPs (who trained alongside us during the summer), we were having the time of our lives. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment