Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mr. Donutting...

*txtd and saved via cellphone, then transcribed at home 

9:30am

Sitting here now at the Mr.Donut branch in Greenhills, sipping coffee while waiting for the barber shop to open, I reflected on the madness that transpired last night
.
It was the first time I witnessed such drama unfold online. It was clear that people were anxiously waiting. Status messages were flying all over on Facebook, ranging from nervous oubursts of examinees to encouraging words from upperclasmen (myself included) who've been there and done that. Then the news started trickling out.. The results will be out that night!

At that moment I knew the full list of successful examines would be out around 30 minutes later, but I was still unable to contain my excitement. This 2nd part of the wait was agonizingly slow, since it was like prolonging the inevitable..

True enough, the word was soon out that the list was already being posted bit by bit, which led to even more anxiety because the name I was looking for was near the end of the alphabet.  =P

The outpouring of love and congratulations online was really a sight to behold. Thanks to Facebook's Flash-based system, I was able to see the greetings pile up in real time. I knew the people sitting in front of their computers at home were either speechless, crying, praising God, calling family and friends, or maybe all of the above. :D

It was definitely a unique experience for such a momentous occasion for our new colleagues, and I'm glad to have been part of it. ;)

1 comment: