Thursday, August 20, 2009

What a rush!! (Med boards Aug '09)

Whew! It was like taking the boards all over again..

Just a short while ago, the Professional Regulation Commission (finally) released the list of the names of those who passed the recently concluded Physician Licensure Examinations. While online, I see my friends who are teetering on the edge of madness, desperate for any little bit of news while at the same time dreading the unthinkable.. and since I had a vested interest in this particular examination, I was keeping vigil myself.. :P

The adrenaline rush is just something else! I felt all the anxiety and tension in the air. I was having sleepless nights again as though I was the one upon whom the verdict would be placed. I guess it's a little harder when it's someone you care about, because you feel so helpless.. As I came home from work a while ago, I couldn't focus. I had this queasy feeling in my stomach. My fingers and toes were tingling.. My heart rate shot up when I saw the initial report on the news websites. The results were out. They were ACTUALLY going to come out TONIGHT!! Since it was just an initial report, the list of the board passers was still "to follow".

The results put UST graduates in 6 places among the top 10, including nos 1-3. Overall, there was about a 71% passing rate (1680/2357), which was noticeably higher compared to the last 2 examinations: Feb 09 - 64%; Aug 08 - 60%

So, without further ado, I would like to extend my congratulations to the newly licensed physicians!!  :D

And since this is my blog, I would like to give a special shoutout to the following...

Dr. Stephanie Mae Ang
Dr. Ian Ethelbert Dy
Dr. Jillian Gonzales
Dr. Paul Michael Lee
Dr. Michelle Bernadette Lim
Dr James Rommet Luz
Dr. Liza Marie Maclang
Dr. Julie Czaryne Magbiro
Dr. Shiela Bianca Mallillin
Dr. Katrina Manibog
Dr. Audrey Martinez
Dr. Anne Mayoralgo
Dr. Jemely Metra
Dr. Pamela Mondejar
Dr. Audhild Nogaliza
Dr. Grae Omes
Dr. Marc Ostrea
Dr. Aldwin Paguila
Dr. Tanya Joy Quicho
Dr. Emmanuel Simaurio
Dr. Jamil Laurence So-Reyes
Dr. Deanna Jean Sope
Dr. Patrick Jayson Talusan
Dr. Ryan Uy (XS '00)
Dr. Vincent Patrick Uy (XS '00)

Congratulations everyone!! Good job!!

4 comments:

  1. wow naka highlight! congrats to all the new MD's at sa aking li'l shobe-in-law, hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks bri....=) i owe a lot to you..esp for the advices and talks...=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nandito pala ako. Thanks so much Bri! So thoughtful of you... :)

    ReplyDelete