Monday, October 26, 2009

Buckling up..

It's now just 6 days before the start of my pre-residency.. Time to get really focused and downright serious. :P I still can't belive its already been more than a year since I first got my license and signed up for my first pre-residency at UST NeuroPsych.. So much has hapened since then, and within such a short span of time! I've had the chance to "live life freely" for a little while, mainly due to fatigue, but also because I wanted to have no regrets before I started training again.

In line with this, I would like to thank everone who had been instrumental in making this year a very unique and memorable one..

- God, of course. He set me along this path to help me rejuvenate and rediscover what he probably wanted me to do with my life. Thank you for helping me maximize what would otherwise have been a wasted year. You truly work in mysterious ways, and I thank you forthe many woderful surprises I have stumbled across along the way. :D

- My family, for their continued support during the rough time I had during the transition from pre-res to normalcy, and beyond. :D

- My "Sweet Inspiration", it was an honor to see you make it through the boards. Thank you for your unfailing love and support especially during those times when I really needed you.. ;)

- The "Brotherhood", thank you for answering the call. It was great to see you guys again, and I hope we could all meet up sometime in the near future (and hopefully we'll be complete by then :P) But November is a little sketchy for me, so I guess you'll have to convene the "Brethren Court" without me. :P

- The staff of the "Company". :P Thank you for accepting me as one of your own, and for entrusting your health to me. Thank you for the experience I've gained as your company doc, and all the different insights I've gained while being a part of something other than a medical/hospital community. A big thank you to my loyal patients (mostly from the warehouse), whose unfailing commitment to follow up with me makes me feel like I'm doing something really worthwhile.

- "Grand uncle", thank you for the warm welcome, and for treating me as one of your own. Thank you for this unique opportunity and experience, and for all the food too! :D

- Cousin "Grumpy", you've affected my life in a way you'll never imagine, setting me along a path where I now feel I should have tread a long time ago. Thank you for showing me the way, and for believing in me (although you hardly show it :P).

- "Auntie Doktora", the mother of "Grumpy", who is probably looking down from heaven watching over us. I guess you had a hand in all of this as well. Thank you.. I won't let you down, and your legacy WILL live on in us.. I promise...

- "LittleSister", it was a pleasure to finally get to know you. I feel you deserve special mention here because meeting you was one of the things that made this year so unique. :P Thanks for all your concern for us during the flood. Good luck in your studies and playing! :D

- "Second cousins" (Rain, TwinBrother, TallTree), thanks for all the fun times we shared this year. It was great reconnecting with you and getting to meet your spouses (NineBoss and CrocWrestler), and the little baby too! :D Thanks for letting me see the world through a whole new perspective.

- Dra. "Pulmo consultant", thank you for letting me share your clinic and position for this limited period of time, and for all the experience and advice you've imparted. Thank you for your words of praise and encouragement. Sorry I chose not to train at your hospital. It's just too far po kasi eh. :P

I've been studying (relatively) more as of late, in preparation for the forthcoming month. I hope I can make a good impression and eventually get accepted, because I've already had my year off, and now I'm raring to go!..

The starting line is in sight.. The tank is full and I'm revving up the engine. Strap yourselves in, we're in for one hell of a ride! :D

3 comments: