Thursday, February 4, 2010

On the question of pride

A few weeks ago, during a moment of personal crisis and extreme self-doubt, mom told me that I should instead lift up my head and take stock of what I've been able to do thus far, that I should not be down but instead should be proud of myself..

After finally having time to munch on that thought, can I say that I'm proud of myself, knowing what I'm voluntarily putting myself through, with the knowledge of what could have been if my life choices were a little different?

Proud? Hell no!..

4 comments:

  1. be proud pare... wala ng magagwa sa nakaraan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay.. yun lang nga... Oy, parang nakita pala kita with your Mrs. the other day sa canteen ng Cardinal ah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs. Will power is the key to success. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Determination is omnipotent, success is achieved by development of our strengths, not by elimination of our weaknesses... Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! With a humble but reasonable confidence in your powers, you can be HAPPY ;p Grasp and hold a vision... listen to what your conscience commands you to do... then in the long run, you will see that success has followed you precisely, because... you had made a courageous decision! God bless... just float and see where it's all goin'... survive! tc shoti

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you can't feel proud at the moment... try just accepting things as they are :)

    ReplyDelete