Sunday, July 4, 2010

Toasterriffic!

A few hours ago,, I had the privilege of being the Best Man at my childhood best friend's wedding. Thus I had to make a wedding toast, which I shall blog now. :P

Report on the event itself to follow..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen. On behalf of the bride and groom, I'd like to thank you all for being part of their special day. For those who don't know me, My name is Brian, and I have the honor of being one of Regan's closest friends.

I'd also like to thank their parents,  Mr. and Mrs. Yuliong and Mr. and Mrs. Lim for their generosity, to evryone who worked hard to make all of this possible, to Shiela for being such a lovely and spirited bride, and to Reg for his generosity of spirit, to finally admit that I am the best man. :D

Regan and I go way back, and we were friends as early as Grade 1 or 2. Despite not being classmates in high school, college, and postgrad, we have remained the very best of friends, with him becoming my godbrother somewhere along the way. Despite not seeing each other for months at a time, we still managed to keep in touch and share a laugh or two over the phone as though nothing has changed. Shows you how loyal Reg is, as our friendship had stood the test of time..

When Regan first introduced me to Sheila (I think this was to see a movie in Shang, right?), I immediately saw why Reg fell in love with her. She was friendly, charming, and very pretty as well. As I watched them interact with each other, I could se that Reg was truly happy to be with her, and I had an inkling that he may have found THE ONE..

Their relationship grew and blossomed, until eventually, Regan told me the good news. The rest, as they say, is history.

Now, I'm not one to give any advice on marriage, seeing as I'm not married.. yet, but I'll say this.. Any relationship, especially a marriage, is all about sacrifices and learning. It won't always be fun, but as long as you're willing to compromise for each other and take time to talk and figure each other out, you'll never go wrong.

Now here's the part where I actually propose a toast. So I'd like to request everybody to please stand up and raise their glasses. To Regan and Shiela, may you live a long blessed life together, filled with love and happiness all the days of your lives. Cheers! :D

- BrainiaxMD 070310

No comments:

Post a Comment