Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gymrat upgraded

(pic source here)

Since I started my gym membership earlier this year, I have been going to the gym for a total of about 4 months (3 straight months then a lull period of about 1 1/2 before I got back on track). I (think) I have gotten leaner, more energetic, and a little stronger. ;) As such, my gym routine has likewise evolved, not just with heavier weights, but with some new exercises as well. So, here is my revamped workout (still sans the warmup and cooldown):

  • Incline Dumbell Bench Press
  • Rotary Lat Pulldown
  • Machine Lateral Raises
  • Back Extension
  • Pullover
  • Leg Press
  • Alt. Bicep Curl
  • Leg Extension
  • Arnold Dumbell Press
  • Sumo Squats
  • Dumbell Bench Press
  • Side Bend
  • Calf Press (On Leg Press machine)
  • Bent-Over Row
  • Incline Sit-up
  • Bridge
  • Hover
*All exercises are done in circuit except for the last three. I do 3 straight sets of sit-ups then alternate the Bridge with the Hover

Awww Yeaaaahh! :P

I really love going to the gym. It makes you feel so alive (but really tired afterwards :P). I'll really miss it when I return to the hospital.. But then again, who says you have to give up keeping fit while doing residency? ;)

1 comment: