Sunday, October 2, 2011

Foodtripping: Mango Tree Bistro

This blog entry was a long time coming. I never got around to really writing it because I'm not really good at posting resto reviews, hence this is not included in the "Nitpicking" section of the site. That being said, I really enjoyed the food at the place I'm about to describe, and its a shame this article would not be able to do justice to the overall experience I had when I ate there. Well, the disclaimer is out, so here goes..


Found at the 3rd level of the Trinoma Mall (adjacent to Power Books), The Mango Tree Bistro struck me as a classy, elegant place where you'd want to hang out with friends after a hard week's work, or maybe treat your date to a romantic evening for two.


As you can see by the picture, the place is pretty dim, even at lunchtime when we ate, so it gives you that private and cozy feeling which says you can just relax and let it all hang out. Definitely a 5-star ambiance!

The food was a bit pricey for my relatively simple tastes (turo-turo, et al), but really worth every peso. I'm sorry I don't recall exactly what we ate as it's been a while since we went there. Basically the place deals with Thai cuisine. The owner (who happens to be an old friend from high school) happily obliged us with great dining suggestions which more than satisfied our appetites. :D As I recall, we ordered a curry dish, and something they labelled as a salad (but wasn't really a salad and was only named as such because they couldn't find the equivalent English term), and a bit of rice. The portions were generous to say the least, and the taste was just EXQUISITE! I don't think I have ever tasted anything that GOOD! It was a totally new dining experience, and would probably go down as one of our more memorable dates (food-wise).

Overall, the food was really excellent, the ambiance was unique and inviting, and there are no gripes about the service. I think the only downside of this place are the prices, but then again, I think it's geared towards the higher-end market and not streetfood consumers like me. :P Watch out for their other projected branches at Greenbelt and the Fort!

6 comments:

  1. Hi! Nice of you to drop by! :D Your comment piqued my curiosity, so I looked up the Mango Tree in Iloilo which you spoke of..

    The place in Iloilo is called "The Mango Tree" which serves local delicacies. The one over here in Manila is called "Mango Tree Bistro" and is part of an international franchise which specializes in Thai cuisine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah! the one in iloilo is tucked inside a homey setting with a big mango tree sa backyard.

    i kinda miss you lurking around... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah! the one in iloilo is tucked inside a homey setting with a big mango tree sa backyard.

    i kinda miss you lurking around... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss me? I'm flattered ma'am. :D Haven't been getting your posts through my inbox feed lately kasi. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry, been in and out of rehab kasi

    life gets in the way of blogging

    ReplyDelete