Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Monday blues and UAAP games

It's the start of a new week, and I'm taking advantage of some down-time to squeeze in an entry while we wait for our prof for Ethics III. I find it amusing when i see that the only subjects which we take through all these three years are Ethics and Prev Med. Oh well..

The past week left me absolutely DRAINED.. so drained that I didn't even have enough energy to blog (or go for a swim for that matter, which made me feel really lousy.. :c ). It was terrible. We had quizzes, cases, and lectures all around! The usual stuff kumbaga.. but the sad thing is, there appears to be no end in sight!!! :c So we just trudge along day by day, always reading, always studying, with the hope that it'll be all worth it someday... For now, I guess we'll just have to suck it up and take whatever Med throws our way.. there is no alternative.. Hoping for a better day just wastes time and productivity.. Damn, I sound so mechanical all of a sudden..

Medicine is hard, there's no question about that. I knew it was gonna be hard, but I guess it's still different when you get to confront it for real.. No, I'm not thinking of quitting.. because I have a vision, and a sense of destiny... that my life is supposed to follow the path laid down before me.. At times I still fail to understand the choices I've made, and yet I go on, motivated by some unseen force which slowly guides me along the course which I tread... I've seen God's hand in many points in my life... especially at those crossroads that would drastically shape the course of my life until the very end.. I just pray that I haven't read the signs wrong for even though God is perfect, I'm not, and the possibility of having misinterpreted everything still hangs over my head.. (but then again, that's why there's the process of discernment, diba?)

I watched the Ateneo-Lasalle game yesterday. :) Took some time off from the madness to watch another part of their epic struggle against each other. :P Tambak!!! Grabe, Jayvee Casio was clicking on all cylinders, hitting a perfect 4-of-4 from 3-point land during the 1st half, helping DLSU to a 30 point lead (50-20)! I was wondering when he would really come out and bring his deadly shooting to the collegiate level. It couldn't have happened at a better time for the Archers. With the departure of leading scorer Mac Cardona, a lot of people were wondering who would pick up the slack and fill the void. Being an undersized team this year, La Salle is expected to rely heavily on their firepower from beyond the arc. They didn't disappoint.. :D Going up against a tall Ateneo lineup with the "Baby Rocket" JC Intal and lanky Japeth Aguilar manning the middle, La Salle was forced to shoot from the outside after consecutive blocks by Aguilar and Intal made the inside a bit too crowded for comfort.

More postgame analysis next time. Class is about to start.. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment