Friday, May 28, 2010

I will miss them..

As my stint as a medical resident comes to a close, I can't help but look back at the people who have been the reason why I made it this far (and stayed this long)..

It has been a very interesting half-year, with lots (?) of learning interspersed within. There I met lots of wonderful people, each with their own unique little quirks and idiosyncrasies that make them stand out from the rest..

They were my batchmates.. Previously a group of strangers to me who soon became my "other family" there in the hospital, as we shared all the different ups and downs of hospital life.

As we all know, any kind of relationship is never perfect, and we have had the occasional bickerings and minor infightings that is typical in a situation such as ours. Despite this, I believe that we were able to come together and help one another in the fulfillment of our duties as residents.

In due time, we learned to adapt to each other, and things became a little more smoother. I will definitely miss the camaraderie, and all the fun times we shared. All the bonding that comes with being dutymates at the wards forges something that cannot easily be broken. 

It feels a little sad when I think about the future, since the field I am eyeing has fewer residents per year level and thus the chance of having a batchmate on duty with you is pretty slim..

It feels so unreal that I'm leaving.. I've grown so used to seeing them and hearing their voices day in and day out that it seems a little weird not being able to anymore.. Ours would be a cacophony of voices that would be heard every morning and afternoon at the round-table endorsements we have that defines the CSMC MROD experience.

I guess I'm also a little bit anxious about what the future might bring, because once again i might be going into unfamiliar territory, with another entire round of fresh new faces to meet and get to know.. but that's the way life is, I guess..

In the short span of time we shared, these people have become more than just my batchmates in residency, they have become my family and friends...

And I shall miss them all..

De Mesa/JOng/Paez/Sarmiento/Semira/So/Soriano

2 comments:

  1. hehe, friendships can overcome time and space, kapatid. nandyan pa rin kami sa tabi-tabi. :-) see you around sometime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words Tintin.. See you around..

    ReplyDelete