Thursday, August 26, 2010

BrainiaxMD's Creamy Potato Soup

With time probably running out on my cooking days, I decided to take another risk and try my luck in making cream soup from scratch. :D It was a lot of hard work, and I was nervous that it wouldn't turn out well. Good thing it did though, and now I can proudly add another recipe to my repertoire. :P I used:

4 potatoes, finely chopped
2 whole onions, finely chopped
1 tsp cooking oil 
approx 1 liter of water
1 tbsp rock salt
1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
1 pc Knorr Beef cube (for the beef stock)
1 medium can Alaska Evaporated Milk
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 pack of bacon bits

After sautéing the onions until they turned transparent (or translucent at the very least :P), I placed these along with the potatoes in the water at low-medium heat. 30 minutes later, I put in the salt, pepper, and the beef cube. The whole thing was left to boil at low heat for about 2 hours to soften the potatoes. I know this may seem a little unconventional, but I was forced to mash the potatoes manually using a wooded spoon while in the pot since I didn't have a blender handy. I then put in the milk and flour during the last 30 minutes of cooking prior to dinner. The bacon bits were fried and were placed into the soup upon serving. Sarap! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment