Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nakakawalang-gana

Bah..

I was absolutely disgusted by the officiating that I witnessed during the dying seconds of the ADMU -UE game a while ago..

The refs called a dubious foul on a UE player during an inbound play with less than a minute remaining. I really have my doubts with this call, because there wasn'tany werious contact going on, and on the flipside, I saw then allowing ADMU's guards to get  physical with UE's backcourt while the latter were bringing down the ball.. Parang di kasi tugma yung call sa huli dun sa takbo ng officiating for the rest of the game..

Another thing I found appalling was that they even slapped a technical on UE coach Lawrence Tiongson when he was pleading his case to the refs. As far as I saw, he just went down on his knees, and that was it. He wasn't raving like a madman or cursing the refs to hell. As a result, ADMU got 4 free throws with ball possession to add to their lead. Obviously, they won. What a heartbreaker for UE, who came so close to winning but any hopes of it happening were crushed by the strange officiating those final seconds. I know ADMU had a sizeable lead prior to what transpired, but it was still within striking distance. Who knows what could have occurred? Staranger things have happened in the UAAP. Now we will never know..

I love watching the UAAP games regardless of what school is playing, but  just lost my appetite for what seemed to be an exciting season.. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment