Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Impetus


*as defined by Dictionary.com

im·pe·tus

   [im-pi-tuhs] 
–noun, plural -tus·es.
1.
a moving force; impulse; stimulus: The grant for building the opera house gave impetus to the city's cultural life.
2.
(broadly) the momentum of a moving body, esp. with reference to the cause of motion

Everyone needs a little something to get going, whether it be a reward, a sought-after objective, or just a pretty darn good reason for doing so. In any case, receiving a little push never hurt, as long as it is towards a worthwhile goal

Especially if the goal happens to be SURVIVAL. :P

Fortunately, my need for stimulus is not as dire as the picture above. In a few weeks, I'll be starting over again (hopefully). It's not really starting from scratch as it involves going back towards a path I had previously mapped out before. Now that I've had my "time in the sun", I'm ready to get my life back on track. :D This time, things are gonna be different, as the years past have given me a sense of peace and a great deal of wisdom as compared to when I first attempted to follow this trail.

I hope.. no.. I KNOW that everything will go smoother this time around. ;).


No comments:

Post a Comment