Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We have a CHAMPion!


One of the commercials frequently shown during UAAP timeouts is the ad for Jollibee's Champ Burger with its 1/3 pound beef patty which, as the commercial emphasizes, is "bigger than a quarter pound". :P Quite a cheeky move poking fun at the other fastfood giant that starts with an "M"..

THIS brand perhaps?... :P (pic source)

After around half a season of drooling at the commercial when it shows the tender, juicy patty, I finally decided to give it a shot. I haven't eaten a Champ for over a year already, and my last McDonald's burger (Big Mac I think) was around a couple of weeks ago. This being said, I was ready for my "Championship test" with very little recall of how heavy a Champ supposedly was.

As luck would have it, I was a little lazy today and thus settled on delivered fastfood for lunch. Since I was eating alone, I had to make my order fit into the Php 200 delivery limit, which resulted in upsizing my value meal (which I usually do anyway if I'm ordering burgers) and ordering a sundae on the side. :P

I've also got a thing or two to say about the fries, but this will be covered in a subsequent article. To be clear, I have a standardized order when I eat my fastfood. I finish the fries first since these tend to get soggy when cold, after which I then eat the burger, before finishing off with whatever "fillers" I ordered to make the delivery limit (alternatively, I may save those for merienda later on). When I opened the "burger box" as I like to call it, the first thing I noted was that the burger had this piece of wax paper around it. This totally kicked ass in my opinion, since I didn't have to get my fingers messy as I ate the burger. :D Seeing as I wouldn't get anywhere with comparing it to the Quarter Pounder (for obvious reasons), I began to contemplate while munching on my burger. As I was finishing up, I can honestly say that there was a perceptible difference. The Champ was definitely more satisfying than the Big Mac (sorry McDo!). Although both may be said to be equally filling, the Champ gave me more "satisfaction" because I was apparently eating more beef (and the fact that McDo patties are usually dry as hell :P). Oh, It also hurts the Big Mac that I seem to be eating a whole lot more bread than meat.

As a side note, I noticed that McDo's burgers have been getting smaller, similar to those small-ass things Dunkin Donuts pretends to pass up as, well, donuts. :P

No, not that!!

Anyways, this is my two cetavos' worth on the matter. Looks like Jollibee wins this round.. for now..

picture source here

 Ikaw, anong burger mas type mo? :P

3 comments: