Saturday, November 26, 2011

A new season cometh..


Well now, it seems like the NBA and their players have reached an agreement about how to share the oodles of money they make each year, with a (possible) start of a new but shortened season slated on Christmas Day,

Whoop-Dee-Do! But then again, I don't really care anymore.. :|

As I had mentioned in a previous post, I have grown sick of this long labor impasse that has prevented the NBA from starting on time. All the anticipation is gone, and I've moved on to other things and realized that the NBA isn't really worth waiting for anymore.

Seeing as this wasn't the first time that the NBA went through a lockout in recent history, both sides could have taken steps much earlier to avoid this repeated incident which in the past hurt the league in so many ways: Among them, the quality of basketball suffered because of the scheduling, and casual fans were turned off and many have not returned since then.

Factor in my gripes about the league, and you have one disgruntled casual fan who will take his ball someplace else. Sure, I'll probably scan the league standings every once in a while just to see what sort of madness has been happening, but I don't think I'll even bother watching the playoffs and finals this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment