Sunday, October 25, 2015

Solitude

Sunday duties suck, but if there's one consolation, it's the fact that the hospital is more or less empty the entire day, and that means you end up with a relatively quiet hospital.

Other people would be uncomfortable with the silence, I however, tend to bask in it. I even try to make my footsteps as light as possible when walking through the corridors so as not to disturb the beautiful void which pervades the hospital environs..

I understand people completely when they talk about running off to a weekend getaway to the beach or some hillside cabin so as to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. While the youger set would probably just use these getaways to make more noise such as beach parties in boracay, we of the *sigh* older generation would tend to shy away from all the frivolousness and just find a quiet nook to be alone with out thoughts or cuddle up with someone we love. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Was able to spend a bit of much-needed quality time with brother over the weekend break, which consisted mostly of NBA 2K sessions, as well as introducing him to a new anime. :D This was capped off with a relatively simple ChickenJoy lunch before we went on our respective activities for the day. We first thought of going out, but were too lazy to really get moving and just opted for delivery. Hehe.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh, I'm gonna be at the ER again this November.. then again in February, for hopefully the final time.. :P Its no secret that I really loathe the ER.. But I guess these last 20 duties are something I have to go through before I'm really rid of the ER forever.. As second year I may be expected to cover the firsties from time to time, but the fact that you're no longer organic there will be a load off my mind..


Ward calls! Gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment