Sunday, January 10, 2016

I don't wanna do this..

My mind says I must, but my heart is just not into it..

Still won't change the fact that it has to be done though..

Sigh.. I'm sick of researching for lousy topics which don't really pique my interest.. It takes my time away from other more valuable pursuits close to my heart.. But this is the nature of training I suppose.. You can't always like everything you're asked to do.. That's why probabaly mhy work has seemed like such a drag lately. Here I am with no choice stuck doing things I don't really care for, all the while it takes me away from things that I feel I should be doing with my life. Its not just the specialty, in fact this is one of the more palatable specialties I can stomach going through training for.. Its the whole "doctoring" thing. Sometimes I can't help but feel that everything has been one big mistake, which started out with a simple and, looking retrospectively, arrogant decision to pursue a career in Medicine.. Am I burned out? Most probably yes.. But hte thing is, I'm already in this so deep that there's no turning back already. I guess I'll just have to stomach the remaining year or so, after which I can be free to do my own thing..

No comments:

Post a Comment