Tuesday, January 12, 2016

This is stupid

The following post was typed the day before while at a different location

-------------------------------------------


Among the myriad of jobs a fellow has to do in our institution, accompanying patients to dialysis ranks among my least liked. It's a total waste of time, especially if your duties for the month leave you pretty much occupied. Its a different deal when you're the floater though, as you can use the tine to kick back and relax as you waste the day away. XD

I can't wait for this damn academic year to be over.. I absolutely despise going on ER duty, and i yearn to taste a bit of a schedule change beyond the Pre-Duty-From cycle that I have grown accustomed to throughout the years.. Heck, I just wanna be done with training, period!

I yearn to have the opportunity to finally live my life according to my own design.. I long to break free from the confines of a duty schedule, from running after annual academic requirements. I want to be able to take an actual vacation where I can truly rest my weary mind and body which has been worn down through the years as a result of the rigors of hospital training.. It may sound shocking, but I want to have the opportunity to not be a doctor for a while... I just want to live anonymously in peace and not be bothered by anyone, including patients. Call it being antisocial, call it whatever you like. I don't really give a crap. Chances are, if you're reacting like that, you're probably one of those kinds of people that I'm trying to get away from..

I'm really going to stick to my rule of not giving out my phone number to patients. I value my personal time, and patients have no business bothering me when I'm away from the hospital or my duties. I don't think I would love my job enough to be immersed in it 24/7. Besides, there are some other roles in life that I need to make room for in the future which would demand my utmost attention, like being a dad or a husband.. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment