Tuesday, January 12, 2016

About love...

This topic has been pretty much taboo on this blog for the longest time already, what with everything that has transpired in the past years.. But now I guess I'm ready to take that brave step, and make a revelation to the world...

Some of my more sharper readers may have picked out my mentioning of my Other Half in certain entries, but I never really went into much detail about her, and I guess I still won't, since I don't really make things too public here.. Or anywhere else on the internet for that matter.

Anyway, my Other Half used to represent an ideal. A lofty idea or concept if you will, about a woman who would totally get me inside-out from the get-go because she, by some force of magic unbeknownst to man, would essentially be my clone, except that she would be a girl. The "female me" in a matter of speaking.

Best Friend and I had this conversation when we were younger when I asked him what girl would be right for me.. He gave such a specific answer that I never forgot to conversation. He told me "You'd probably want someone like you, except that she'd be a girl".

Eerily enough, a woman came into my life some time ago who matched the description PERFECTLY.. Getting to know her flowed seamlessly, as she immediately got what I liked and vice versa.. We never had trouble deciding on things together because we actually even thought alike in a majority (if not all) situations.. It was so uncanny.. Weird even..

The attraction followed naturally, since she was quite the pretty lady herself, and she thinks I'm quite the stud (Haha!). After that awkward initial first meeting which found us both struggling to keep our composure around each other, we finally began to settle into a comfortable routine that even long-time lovers aspire to have.

It also helped that I got to know her folks and get on their good side early on, as she got to meet my parents as well and left a good impression. I had no idea that being in a relationship could be this fun or effortless.. There's no point in keeping secrets since we can be totally open to one another without any need for second-guessing the other's reaction. We're both free to speak our minds, not in a superficial "Its ok, juat tell me" kind of way, but a "I trust you well enough that you won't freak out at this" kind of way.. Then there was that car accident and the run-in with the traffic police.  It was such a grueling experience but she never left my side even though I had already sent her home (since she lived nearby from where we had the accident). She actually even came back for me! It was like a scene from a movie or something! I wanted to cry on the spot but I was too busy listening to the cops to do so :P eventually everything ended well, and we had a hell of a story to tell when we got back! XD

I thought that getting involved with someone so similar would be boring and get old really fast, but boy was I ever wrong! Being similar means that you both enjoy the same things, and you don't have to force each other to sit through stuff while only one of you enjoys what he or she is doing. Those little differences with regards to what guys and girls like become negligible and instantaneously forgivable, since you still have so much in common to like and get along with. 

Needless o say, I'm quite pleased with the way things are right now, and I expect things to remain this way for a long time to come.. :) after all, so does she.. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment