Tuesday, January 12, 2016

On the other hand...

This was written shortly after the previous post...

I'm also grateful for the chance to get away from the hospital for a while. My patients are (hopefully) pretty much stable for the past few days, except for that newly intubated one which made my morning pretty busy after going through that grueling case conference.

Hey, I guess I got through that pretty much unscathed! Thanks to my dear consultant moderator who took one for the team and gamely answered most of the weird questions asked by the consultants. I had to answer the basic academic stuff of course, but the advanced technical stuff that a level 1 fellow wound not normally know were covered by him. I'm also grateful to my consultant reactor, who really took time out to make a presentation in front of the body so that the conference would be a lot more interesting.

See, this is what happens when you let a burned-out doctor rest. He becomes a lot less crankier and a lot more insightful. :) I just hope this tides me over the next couple of days until the seniors go back to their original posts after all the craziness of the interhospital conference has subsided.

Come to think of it, i never really had the time to bask in the thought that my case conference ordeal for this month is finally over.. And to think that it was accomplished amidst a lot of tiredness and procrastination. Such wonders a looming deadline has on the productivity of a person. I think it shot up by about 200% i actually even left the house at 5am the previous day to make early rounds just so I could lounge around the house for roughly half the day, and devoted 8 intense hours to the completion of the presentation. Hehe :P

Although it is an experience I don't want to go through again.. XD

I promise to put on a much better showing next time, especially if I find the topic particularly interesting..

My ass hurts from all this sitting though.. i wonder when I will be relieved?..

No comments:

Post a Comment