Friday, August 29, 2008

Mourning the vacation that wasn't meant to be

I know I should be studying right now, but I've got this blogger's itch that I just have to scratch..

The next few weeks are going to be really crazy for the hopeful incoming residents (or residentiables, as I'd like to call them) going into the different hospitals around the country. It never occurred to me before the boards that the little "vacation time" I had planned after the release of the board exam results would be gobbled up in an instant by the pursuit of the unforeseen requirements needed for application to the different residency programs. We were really caught off guard, with the deadlines closely following the heels of the release of results.

I guess you could say that it might have been a little easier (and less stressful) if I had just opted to pass and apply some other time, but the timetable must be followed, and I don't want to waste any more time.

Throughout my life, I seem to have taken the paths of greatest resistance, plunging headlong into certain situations knowing fully well what was in store, but you might say that this most recent choice is taking it to a higher level.. I'm still running on gut instinct, and following the hand that has guided me ever since I graduated from high school, so I guess I should be ok.. I hope..

Good luck to all my batchmates tomorrow!

Sana makapagresidente na tayo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment