Friday, August 29, 2008

Tagalized

The application form has been submitted, along with all the other requirements. Now to take a well-deserved rest break by surfing the web from the comforts of the CGH pink room :P

I'm a bit nervous with the forthcoming pre-residency. The scuttlebutt is that there will be 7 of us, fighting for only 4 available slots. (there are supposed to be 5, but I hear there's one slot that's been reserved already.. ?). I don't know what to think. I guess I'm just going with the flow and see where the tide will take me.

Going back to the title for this post, what's the deal with all these local channels dubbing various cartoons in tagalog? I mean, it worked for those old school anime shows like "Dog of Flanders" or "Princess Sarah" which weren't really made in English to begin with, but to use it on the American-made cartoons like "Jimmy Neutron" or even "Transformers"? It makes things look so cheap.. Hindi talaga bagay... Kinda like those idiots coming out with tagalized versions of Flo Rida's "Low". I've got nothing against the Filipino language, and I support it's use, but please, use it in the proper venues! mean, Batibot was a really great show which heavily used the vernacular, and rightfully so since it was a Filipino program intended for the Philippine audience. I guess it just kinda turns me off when you have to "Filipinize" English technical terms just to make sure the show is fully dubbed. It just dosen't seem right when you force Optimus Prime to speak in old-school Tagalog, with bits of Taglish sprinkled in-between. Ugh...

Just my two cents..

No comments:

Post a Comment