Saturday, March 25, 2006

A sigh of relief

I failed the Ophtha exam... fell 3 points short...

Good thing I passed in the final grade.. =) Whew, that's a load off my mind..

Medicine na lang...

Had lunch with Ed, Pat, & Boom at the nearby Jolibee.. What a way to celebrate huh? Jolibee.. sheesh...

Fortunately, Paolo texted Boom and asked him to join the C1 people to go watch a movie, and Boom was kind enough to ask if I could tag along.. =) There were 5 of us (Me, Boom, Paolo, Dana, and Michelle) and we rode in Dana's car.

So off we went to SM San Lazaro to watch a movie.. I didn't really care what movie it'd be (as long as it ain't horror) 'coz I haven't really been to the movies in quite a while. We kinda felt like caged animals that were just let loose. These past two weeks were just pure hell, and we DESPERATELY needed a bit of R&R. =P

It was my lucky day, as Dana (being the one who declared the movie trip) chose the movie I had been hoping to watch when I saw it in the papers, and it was GLORY ROAD.

It's a true story about the Texas El Paso Miners (NCAA Division I Basketball team) back in the 1950s. Man, racism was really rampant those days, especially in them southern states. =P Basically, it revolved around the efforts of their coach (forgot the name) to put good players on his team (regardless of race) and win. To cut the story short, they came in as a totally unknown team which blew everyone away and eventually faced the Pat Reily(yes, THE Pat Reily of the NBA)-led Kentucky Wildcats for the NCAA Championship.

It's an inspirational/feel-good movie for the basketball buff, but I guess it'd appeal to everyone as well. I give it a 5/5

Afterwards, we just kinda wandered around looking for a place to just sit back and chill out (preferably while munching something for merienda) until we eventually settled for GoNuts Donuts. Chatted there for some time while enjoying the great relief of having everything over with.

Went back to school with the guys while the girls went home. We found ourselves in front of the Ophtha board and that's where I saw that I had passed. =D

I say again, Medicine na lang...

No comments:

Post a Comment