Saturday, May 16, 2009

Trust vs Mistrust

You just can't trust anybody these days..

I just learned recently that a close friend revealed a secret that I said was supposed to be kept under wraps as much as possible. It's just so frustrating because I wouldn't reveal this particular bit of info to just anyone. Although it's not secret that is life-threatening or anything of the like, the fact that it was revealed leaves me feeling betrayed... :(

I really hate it when people attribute this to "its just his/her nature". This destroys all accountability for the revelation. I don't want to sound self- righteous or anything, but when a person confides in me and tells me not to tell a soul, I really honor that request although the secrets may seem harmless, they are being kept secret for a reason. In fact, I've kept a number of secrets through the years so long that I may have already forgotten all about them because I never told anyone.. Sigh.. its really difficult to find someone you can trust, and I'm learning that the hard way..

No comments:

Post a Comment