Friday, June 5, 2009

Baby Steps

Today I called my hospital of choice regarding applications for residency training. It felt really weird that I got butterflies in my stomach as though I were doing this for the very first time, which isn't the case at all, having gone through the whole application process and tasting a bit of pre-residency already last year.

I guess I'm feeling a  little anxious this tine around mainly because I have the time to do so. Going back to last year, I only went through the motions of applying after I had found out that I has passed the boards. Imagine my surprise when I found out that application closes in two weeks! It was a mad scramble for requirements as time was running out. I had absolutely no time to second-guess myself or be anxious about the whole thing. Most of my classmates who applied there were going through the same thing, as most of us were reluctant to be brazen enough to go through application without the assurance of having passed. It was something like not wanting to "jinx" the outcome of the exam and be misconstrued as "arrogant". Eventually, I was indeed able to pull all my stuff together and was accepted to undergo pre-residency. The rest, as they say, is history.. :P

Now its about time to write another chapter.. Wish me luck. ;)

3 comments:

  1. brainiac as in smallville villain? haha layo sa topic mo no!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, nung naisip ko yung brainiax, di ako aware na may Brainiac palang kalaban si Superman. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe nanonood kasi me ng smallville season ender when i happen to browse my multiply afterwards..kaya frsh pa ang name na brainiac..hehehe ;p

    ReplyDelete